Last Updated on Thursday, 24 December 2009 03:05
A Church Members Guide to PledgeConnect
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is automated giving though PledgeConnect?
It is an automated means to financially support the church through regular contributions from your checking, savings, or credit/debit card account. There is no cost for you to participate in the program.
- How do I enroll with PledgeConnect?
Contributing to the church through PledgeConnect is simple. You can enroll online through the church website or by filling out an enrollment form at the church office. Call the church office for assistance.
- Can I contribute to additional church collections through PledgeConnect?
Yes. All automated giving participants have the opportunity to contribute to any fund that the church has designated through PledgeConnect.
- Which payment methods are accepted?
PledgeConnect supports direct bank transfers from your checking or savings accounts and all major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Can I donate a one-time gift or contribution for a specific term using PledgeConnect?
Yes. One time gifts are graciously accepted. Donors can also make recurring gifts that are withdrawn automatically on a regular interval, such as weekly or monthly.
- When I use PledgeConnect, do I receive a receipt for tax purposes?
Yes. When you setup a contribution online, you will immediately receive an email receipt for your contribution. This receipt can be used for your record keeping.
- I’m enrolled in PledgeConnect. How do I alter my contribution information – such as donation amount, bank account or credit card information, or mailing address?
A change request can be submitted directly to the church from the online PledgeConnect page, or you may also contact the church office by phone. The office administrator will be happy to process your request.
- How does my PledgeConnect automated contribution relate to my use of weekly envelopes?
If you enroll in automatic contributions for church offertory, you may no longer need to use your weekly envelopes. Contact the church office for more information.
- I use envelopes. What do I put in my weekly envelope if I make my contribution electronically?
Check the box on the empty envelope that says “I give electronically,” or simply write it on the envelope if it isn’t printed this way.
- I don’t use envelopes, but I feel uncomfortable having nothing tangible to physically drop into the collection basket. What can I do?
You may be able to complete a special PledgeConnect card indicating that you contribute electronically and drop the card into the collection basket. Contact the church office for more information.